I’ve been working on this cute little scissorcase in the evenings and finally finished it up last night!
This was a kit given by Julie Norton during the Round Robins at Celebration of Needlework. It is stitched on 22 count pale pink fabric with DMC. I don’ t think I’ve ever worked on anything lower than a 25 fabric count, but this unknown fabric was soft and thick and made the over one stitches in the vines a breeze.
The buttons on either side are meant to hold the folded over edge in place, rather than being a fastener of any type…. and since I cut the fabric a bit short on top, the buttons are over the symrana stitches, rather than below them where they’re supposed to be. I think it looks OK though. 🙂 I finished it with a ladder stitch around the edges. The kit also came with a leather sheath that fits inside the stitching to protect it from the scissor tip. What a fun and satisfying stitch!