This is the next installment of the Finished Project of the Week posts! In this series of posts, I feature a project that was finished prior to when I started blogging earlier this year. To see all Finished Project of the Week posts, you can click on the category in the links on the side of the page.
These are the Victoria Sampler Virtues Ornaments. I’ve stitched exactly 20 of these ornaments over the last few years, but changed the “virtues” to people’s names. What I love about these is that they are quick to stitch and I can give them to a whole family as a set, with their names, but each ornament is a little different.
I only took pictures the first full sets that I stitched. My favorites have been used several times and given to different families.
The pictures are a little misleading, but I promise that all of theses are centered. I usually put batting underneath the stitched side of the ornament and this, plus the angle of the camera make these look off-center.
These are finished using ornament forms that I purchased from the Silver Needle (click link, then scroll down). The forms make finishing easy and quick and the edges look so nice that I didn’t really feel the need to use any cording and just slip ribbon between the pieces when glueing the front and the back of the form together. The back of the ornaments are covered with printed fabric – usually green.
This could be the first year that I don’t stitch any of these for friends or family… I thought about it, but after 20 of them, I might be a little burned out!