I decided to do another finished project of the week post. This series of posts, called “Finished Project of the Week” are about projects finished prior to me starting a blog. I hope you enjoy reading about them… it’s kind of fun for me to reminisce about them…
I have absolutely no new stitching to show, mainly because I’m working on my Fall House exchange and am not supposed to post a pic of it yet. I think I can have that finished this weekend though and get it off in the mail.
Here is Victoria Sampler Herbal Sachets:
I just love that tri-color herringbone band. I so wish Thea would design more of these…
All six of these were separate kits intended to be little sachets. I stitched them all on a single piece of pewter evenweave and framed them together. They were SOOOO fun and quick to stitch… teeny samplers with little beaded flowers on either side of the name of the herb.
I’m really happy with the framing on this also. When I took it to the framer, I realized that I hadn’t counted correctly between each sampler and it was kind of tricky to compensate for that with the window type mat, but I’m happy with it. The mat color is perfect and goes with both the fabric and the color scheme of the different samplers.
Less than two weeks until Celebration of Needlwork in Louisville!