Here is the next installment of “Finished Project of the Week.” In these posts, I highlight a project finished prior to when I started blogging.
This is Indigo Rose Desiderata. I’ve always loved this poem and saw this online somewhere and HAD TO HAVE IT. One it arrived I opened the chartpack and was immediately intimidated by the pages and pages of speciality stitches when I’d only done cross stitch before. I kind of put it away and wondered if I’d ever be able to stitch it.
A few years later, I started doing Victoria SamplerBeyond Cross Stitch Kits to learn new stitches and hardanger. It wasn’t long before I saw the Desiderata in my stash, and bolstered with confidence from the BCS kits, ordered a big piece of fabric and got to work. This actually took me several years to complete, and my big piece of fabric turned out not to be big enough, so the bottom hardanger band had to be modified to fit.
I had this framed a a local shop. This picture is what it looked like when I got it home. As you can see, the fabric is a little wonky up at the top, distorting the box around the “G” at the beginning of the poem. Since it had been laced, I took the backing off and straightened it out and now it looks great and is hanging in a hallway.
The poem is a little hard to read here, but if you’re not familiar with it, you can go here (then scroll down) to read it.
As always, thanks for visiting!