I finally finished up this project this afternoon. It is my second project meant to improve my finishing skills and I’m pretty happy with it. I changed the closure by adding a loop and button. I stitched this on platinum belfast using waterlilies “peacock” silk floss.
Side Stitching Detail:
I used #12 perle cotton in a color that matched the fabric for the finishing work instead of the overdye. I wasn’t totally confident in my ability to do the finishing well, and I figured the matching perle would hide any mistakes better than using the silk. 😀
Unfortunately, I don’t really have any 4″ scissors… which this project was designed for. Sounds like a good reason for me to do some scissor shopping…..
A while back, DBF and I were talking about making those little potholders that we all did as kids. He told me that he used to make them and sell them door to door “15 cents a piece, or two for a quarter.” The image that formed in my mind of this was so cute that I found one of those little looms and bags of multicolored loops and surprised him with it. Some nights when I’m stitching, he’ll pull out his loom and go to work! I know its considered to be a kid’s craft, but he really enjoys it and makes some really cool patterns!
I don’t really have a need for this many potholders, so if you’d like a beautifully crafted potholder, post with a description of your favorte and location in the picture. I’ll randomly draw a name later in the week and the winner will receive the potholder of their choice in the mail!
Update: Kim (Cymberleah) won the potholder give away!