Mimi’s Tape Measure

This is an Olde Colonial Designs kit that I got a couple of years ago.  I stopped working on it because I was too intimidated by the finishing.  The stitched pieces needed to be sewed up to fit around the little tape measure that came with the kit.  I recently decided that I wanted to work on my finishing skills, and since this was halfway stitched already, I decided to give it a try and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out!

Front:
2250436350029744911hWbULi_ph

Back:
2301165970029744911Zahbuz_ph

Side:
2972962220029744911gQpDzf_ph

The tape measure is about 2″ in diameter.

This same designer makes a pin cube in a matching pattern and I might try that out sometime in the future.

My  next project is the Alyssum Scissor Pocket by The Cat’s Whiskers (Scroll down on link to see what it looks like).  I saw this stitched up on someone else’s blog and fell in love with it!  It’s really cute, but also another opportunity to work on finishing skills.

Have a good weekend everybody!

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “Mimi’s Tape Measure

  1. I love this finish! Great Job!! I have the Alyssum Scissor pocket chart if you don’t already have it and you want to trade for this chart.

  2. Congratulations, Holly. You did a fantastic job with the finishing. The Alyssum Scissor pocket finishing should be a breeze in comparison!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s